***We use our CS First username and password to login to CS First.
We use our jvstudent username and password to sign in to Scratch. ***
Computer Club Schedule for Spring 2016
- FEB 8 – First JV Computer Club Meeting: Getting Started with Scratch.
Google CS First Storytelling
- FEB 22 – Check It Out: We learn about the scope and procedures of the club, then tell a story in Scratch. In this story, a character walks through a scene describing what they see.
- FEB 29 – Dialogue: We create a story in which two characters talk to each other without using questions. (sequencing, “say” and “wait” blocks)
- MAR 7 – Setting: We create a dynamic stormy-day setting, complete with rain and lightning. After developing a setting, we program a stormy-day story. (loops, randomness)
- MAR 14 – Premise – Badge Activity: We build a story around one of four premises. While building these stories, members earn badges for coding particular elements. (Modularity – adding many different components to a project )
- MAR 21 – Characterization: We create a story in which one character narrates another character’s actions and thoughts. (broadcast, sequencing, looks blocks)
- MAR 28 – Interactive Storytelling: We create a story in which the audience can make a decision. (conditionals, sequencing)
APR 11 – Final JV Computer Club Meeting – Celebration and Sharing
Miss something? Want to go back and keep working on an activity? Click the image below to get to all of the Google CS-First Storytelling videos.