Schedule for Fall 2015
- OCT 12 – Explore: We establish a club culture, understand the scope of the club, learn CS First procedures, and begin to explore the Scratch programming interface.
- OCT 19 – Dialogue: We create a story in which two characters talk to each other without using questions. (sequencing, “say” and “wait” blocks)
- OCT 26 – Setting: We create a dynamic stormy-day setting, complete with rain and lightning. After developing a setting, we program a stormy-day story. (loops, randomness)
- NOV 9 – Premise – Badge Activity: We build a story around one of four premises. While building these stories, members earn badges for coding particular elements. (Modularity)
- NOV 16 – Characterization: We create a story in which one character narrates another character’s actions and thoughts. (broadcast, sequencing, looks blocks)
- NOV 23 – Interactive Storytelling: We create a story in which the audience can make a decision. (conditionals, sequencing)
Miss something? Want to go back and keep working on an activity? Click the image below to get to all of the Google CS-First Storytelling videos.