Schedule for Fall 2015
- OCT 12 – Gaming Story: We learn about the scope and procedures of the club, then create a gaming story in Scratch.
- OCT 19 – Racing Game: We create a two-player racing game in which players control movement with the keyboard (Keypress events, Movement, “Repeat” blocks)
- OCT 26 – Maze Game: We create a game in which the player guides a sprite
through a maze (Events, If then statements (control flow), Boolean blocks (conditions))
- NOV 9 – Platform Game: We program a player sprite to move and jump across platforms when the arrow keys are pressed. In order to win, the player sprite must make it across all the platforms and touch another sprite. (Events, Movement, If Statements)
- NOV 16 – Escape Game: We create an escape game in which a player must avoid other sprites that move randomly. Users increase their score by avoiding these sprites. (Events, Movement, Variables, Randomness)
- NOV 23 – Launcher Game: We create a launcher game using key press events, clones, and variables. In this game, a player must launch and navigate a sprite across a screen of bouncing enemies. (Variables, Keypress Events, Randomness, Cloning, Increasing game difficulty)
Miss something? Want to go back and keep working on an activity? Click the image below to get to all of the Google CS-First Game Design videos.