Creating Shapes (Part 2)
Meeting Date: March 9, 2015
For this meeting we will be using StandAlone Scratch.
1. Using Math To Draw Shapes in Scratch
Topics: Math Concepts: x-y grid, directions, lines, shapes, angles.
- Double-click the Scratch 2 icon to start a new Scratch project.
- Click File/Save As and save your new project as: yourscratchname-2.3-Shapes (Example: jvjackrabbit-2.3-Shapes)
- Save your project to your Documents/Scratch Projects folder.
- Create the Shapes on Cards 2, and 3.
- Continue adding to your project as time permits.
- Save your project again before you start working on a new project.
3. Free Coding Time
Club members work on coding projects of their choice. Be sure to save your project before you shut down your computer.
~ ~ ~
For Spring 2015 we start with using math concepts to draw Shapes and Patterns, and then we learn how to create our own maze games. For an Hour of Code, we Create a Pong Game using Online Scratch.